EDIUS is video editing software that will give your movies a professional look. The free version allows you to take advantage of this powerful program for free before you purchase the full version. Although it is mainly used by professionals, EDIUS also includes lots of basic features for newbies, and these will give your videos a polished and expert look, as if they were made by skillful and experienced personnel.
EDIUS is one of most comprehensive and flexible video editors around. With EDIUS, you will be able to edit videos in high definition as well as in standard definition. Furthermore, it enables you to edit 10-bit videos instead of the traditional 8-bit ones, an advantage that will lend your movies significantly higher quality.
Real-time video edition
With EDIUS, you can edit your videos in real time. In fact, the rendering process will only take you as long as the movie lasts. Don’t waste your time focusing on details, and let your imagination flow instead. EDIUS automatically recognizes the format of the video uploaded, and it even changes the format of the clip if needed. You will only have to configure the program at the start to enable this automatic function.
the rendering process will only take you as long as the movie lasts
Simultaneous editing process. On the top of that, we should highlight one more important feature: users can perform synchronized actions. With EDIUS, you can edit one video from up to 16 different cameras, taking several actions from its sources, all at the same time. In addition to all those characteristics, EDIUS has a handy and clean interface that will make video editing so much easier for you.
Its advantages don’t end there, because it also incorporates a media player, so that you can reproduce your final result instantaneously. In addition, EDIUS also includes video effects, video filters, an image stabilizer, and a large number of tools that would be prohibitively expensive if they had to be brought separately. On the developer’s official website, you can find more effects, free plugins, and some video tutorials .
EDIUS Pro 7 Features
These are some of the features of EDIUS 7:
- Advanced mixing abilities. Mix formats, resolutions and frame-rates in the same timeline and the same project in real time
- Ability to mix HD/SD editing formats, including DV, HDV, QuickTime and AVCHD
- Advanced multi-track processing. EDIUS uses three tracks for the animated title, but offers unlimited video, title, audio and graphics tracks. You can add any number of tracks of each type, according to your needs.
- Unlimited 4k and 3D video tracks. EDIUS will not impose constraints, nor tie you to a specific kind of video.
- EDIUS is a multi-editor par excellence. Within the range of formats it supports are HD PAL and NTSC projects, and 1080p50/60 projects
- This software is impressively fast. It imports, edits in real time, and exports quickly due the engine and codecs developed by Grassvalley.
- Real time editing and conversion of HD/SD, different frame rates and different resolutions.
- EDIUS supports a number of editing hardware programs. It offers AVCHD support for exporting to SD card/camera HDD/ Memory Stick
- EDIUS includes a QuickTitler built-in. With this tool, you will be able to design and animate your titles, but it also supports numerous third-party titling applications.
- Edit DSLR movie files, HDV, DV and AVCHD (among others) in real time
- Filters and effects. EDIUS includes a range of filters and effects, even for the animation of images and titles
If you want know more about this software before you download it, check the developer’s website
The minimum system requirements for the correct download and installation of EDIUS are:
- Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 64 bits
- Processor: Intel Core 2 with 3 GHz or above
- RAM Memory: 1 GB
- Graphic Card: Graphics Card compatible with Direct3D 9.0c
- HDD Space: 6 GB
- Other: a sound card and Internet connection
EDIUS is a comprehensive download if you are interested in the editing and creation of high-quality videos, easily and efficiently, without wasting time. If you want to explore the possibilities of this program, see the developer’s website, which offers free tutorials.
- Real time editing
- EDIUS allows unlimited tracks to work within
- Automatic recognition of formats
- Media player included
- Full of great effects
- Some tools can be difficult for beginners