Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 is a web design tool that will make it so much easier for the creation of your own webpages, with a just a little bit of help. You can try the free version or get the full one, depending on your needs.
If you are fond of the Adobe software styl, you will find that, visually, this software is similar to its suite of applications. This is proof of Dreamweaver's philosophy -once you get to know and understand one program, you can easily get used to the rest of them because of the nature of its mechanics.
In this instance, Dreamweaver retains the same way of doing things. Even though you may know nothing about web design, any early difficulties encountered are soon overcome, so it may be difficult to master very quickly, but it is a worthy tool.
In this version, Adobe Dreamweaver allows you to compose your website
In the same way you create images on Adobe Photoshop you can create a webpage with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5. Its different tools are very convenient and practical for the creation of a website.
The application comes with some tutorials for the novice user in case the process of website creation initially proves to be too difficult. New users or beginners on this subject may want to complete the guides in order to gain more knowledge about web design.
For those who are experienced enough on this issue, Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 includes some interesting features, like BrowseLab, which will help you to see how your site will look like when it is finally uploaded to the Internet.
Full visual control
A great feature of this application is that the main purpose, website design, can be done visually without any prior knowledge of programming languages. Select a template, customize it with your own elements, and you will have created your own website. However, if you are fond of coding don’t worry, you can also develop your code with this editor too.
Since it is Adobe software, the inclusion of Flash components has been refined to work more easily with them. This way Dreamweaver becomes a pretty useful application since Flash elements are very often used to make websites visually more attractive.
There are some alternatives to Adobe Dreamweaver CS5, like Web Creator 5 Professional, that offers a good range of tools and which produce quality results. There are others like KompoZer which are open source and are kept constantly up to date by its community.
Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 Features
The unique features of this web design tool are the following:
- PHP CMS (Content Management Systems) support
- Live View Navigation to watch the design of your website. By enabling “Follow Links Continuously” you can easily move through the page
- Dynamically Related Files option to update your pages and give easier access to files
- Inspect Command tool that allows users to identify CSS
- Enable and Disable CSS properties
- Adobe Browser Lab integration for testing how your page looks like on different browsers and OS's
- Improved Subversion support to locally edit your files with the Revert option which corrects them.
- Repository View to hide files you don’t need to use
- Improved PHP code hunting
- Code Hints that suit your website’s structure
- Updated CSS starter layouts
- Site Definition box enhanced with more details to add
- Adobe Business Catalyst extension
For further information about this tool, check the author .
Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 offers all kinds of tools for the users who want to start creating webpages. It is valid for all kind of levels so do try it out because it will be ideal for you.
- Compatible with CS5 Adobe apps
- Great number of programming languages
- BrowserLab to preview pages
- Initial difficulty
- License’s price