Need for Speed The Run is the eighteenth instalment in the famous racing saga Need for Speed. Developed by EA Black Box and published by Electronic Arts, this game is available for many platforms, including PC or Wii. In this title, you will compete in a race from San Francisco to New York, visiting well known places such as Denver, Las Vegas and so on. Need for Speed The Run is the first instalment of the saga that uses real locations. You’ll have over 300 kilometres of real track at your disposal.
Need for Speed The Run is the first instalment of the saga that uses real locations
This title uses DICE's Frostbite 2 Engine. This engine had previously been used only for shooter games, and provides stunning visuals and graphics and especially life-like physics to make movements more realistic. The instalment also features Quick Time Events. These events can be about failures or successes, but may include branching outcomes. A new feature – gas stations - is available to allow the user to change their car during competition, and also offers the possibility of travelling on foot.
Endless possibilities on the road
The game tells the story of Jack, who due to some unpaid bills and thanks to his friend Sam, accepts to compete in a race involving over 500 other drivers. You will face about 4800 kilometres of race distance (only 300 are mapped), driving through dry deserts, snowy fields, or city settings such as ports or industrial areas. You’ll do this all the while fleeing from the police or other enemies. The title offers a good variety of race types, and also has a huge variety of cars you can drive. You can choose from cars such as the BMW 1M Coupe, the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Carbon, the Audi Quattro 20 V, the Aston Martin V12 Vantage, the Lamborguini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni or the Porche 911 Carrera S.
If you get bored with the single-player mode, EA offers you an online multiplayer mode, where up to 8 drivers are allowed competing in a single match. You will be able to party with your best friends, choose your favorite challenges and race for victory. You will never wait in the lobby like in other games, as you can join the races even after they have begun. In the multiplayer mode, you will find different game types. NFS Edition Races, Supercar Challenge, Exotic Sprint or The Underground are just some of the versions you are free to play.
Need for Speed The Run Full Version Features
Here are some of the features of Need for Speed The Run:
- Race for your life on over three hundred miles of track, from San Francisco to New York, pushing your driving skills to the limit
- Pick the car of your choice; it doesn't matter if it is a Muscle or an Exotic model, an Audi Quattro or a Ford Mustang
- Connect with your friends and compete against them in multi-player races or by playing asynchronous games
- Enjoy the settings and detailed cars thanks to its powerful graphics engine
- Get new tracks and additional content thanks to the available DLC packs
If you are interested in Need for Speed The Run and you want more information before you download it, feel free to visit the official website.
The minimum system requirements to download and play this videogame are:
- Operating System: Windows Vista Service Pack 2 32Bit
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Dou 2.4 GHz or similar AMD
- RAM: 3 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 521 MB or higher
- Sound Card compatible with DirectX 10
- Hard Drive Space: 18 GB free
- Internet connection for the online multiplayer option