Dragon Ball Z MUGEN Edition -or DBZ MUGEN Edition- is a free 2D fighting game where you can play as any Dragon Ball character from the original series, up to the latest installments from GT.
MUGEN series is a freeware publication made available to download by fans, to fans of these kinds of games. Any user can collaborate with the project; creating new characters, designs and movements to incorporate them into the game. Bring your fan art to life and make them fight with well-known characters.
This title has tons of characters to play. Each edition increases the rooster with new incorporations. Among classics like Goku or Krillin there are characters from the OVAs like Janemba or Hildegarn.
There are more than 20 different characters to choose from, and all the techniques and movements are very detailed and constantly improved due to the great fan community supporting the game.
Since it is a fan-made game, there are not astonishing graphics or effects, but it really counts with very detailed sprites. If players find issues to fix, they usually make a comment in the forum for a quick fix.
The music is different to the series, as it is more in the style of Arcade games, but it works perfectly for this game.
Other similar games
There are several games of Dragon Ball available for every operating system. An alternative game would be Dragon Ball Online to fight your opponents instantly over the Internet. In order to keep battling with more superheroes Marvel Super Heroes Mugen is a good option with a great diversity of characters.
Dragon Ball Z MUGEN Edition MUGEN Edition 2 Features
These are the main features of this game:
- Several game modes: Arcade, VS Mode, Team Battle and Training
- Watch mode to see how characters controlled by PC fight against each other
- 30 characters to control: Gohan, Goku (Kid, Normal), Vegeta, Goten, etc.
- In each fight you can earn battle points
- Multiplayer mode in VS option
- Character customization
- When you reach a specific number of battle points, you can access to a Skill Tree to take more moves
- As levels increase, you can collect dragon balls, and when you have enough you will have the opportunity of calling Dragon of Shenron to grant you a wish
For more information, visit the author's site .
This MUGEN Edition of Dragon Ball Z is a good game for the fans of the series and for those who seek a fighting game for PC. You will be able to play with any character in the Dragon Ball universe.
- Number of characters
- Nice anime aspect
- Good gameplay
- Needs more work
THE 2D FREE FIGHTING GAME WHERE BEASTLY DRAGONS GO FOR EACH OTHER WITHOUT MERCY DELIVERING KILLER BLOWS
By Dann Kamau
On Monday, February 9, 2015
Dragon Ball Z Mugen Edition Mugen Mugen Edition 2
This 2D free fighting game comes with much more advanced features and characters than previous series. The animation factor is superb with a very tough and blistering show of martial arts prowess. For beginners, training is important to make you work out the moves and techniques of the fight game. Further than training there is that part where it is important to observe computer controlled characters beating the hell out of each other in well co-odinated moves and maneuvers to enhance your moves and tactics. You can also configure your game levels from easy to difficult, fix time limits, sound features as well as controls.
You can do the fights in different modes such as:
• Arcade-where you go one on one against the computer or team Arcade where various teams team up against the computer.
• VS mode where you take on a friend or team . VS lets you play various teams up modes against the computer
• Team Co-op allows you to beat the hell out of the computer tag-team
• When playing the game you can take up one of the roles of the dragon characters who are given different names
The way you used to get hooked up on to Karate films when you were a kid, is the same thing that happens while watching the computer dragon characters play or when you play against the dragons.
- Training mode where you are trained on moves and techniques
- Allows you to collaborate with the project, creating characters, designs etc
- At a point the game looks unrealistc
A Famous Classic 2D Fighting Game That Surely Rocks Your Gaming Console
By Daren Garius
On Monday, November 24, 2014
A very neat and pretty nice fighting game, the interface of this game is acceptable. The characters are very easy to beat. I can beat all of them without getting a shot on my played character. As fighting games go, this is a rather well put together game. I can play the game smoothly and with good graphics and sounds, specifically for the size of the download. All of my favorite characters are present to fight against others. This Dragon Ball Z game has made a good impression on me. I can pull off some destructive attacks (or somewhat the CPU can), one problem is it does not have much of variety. Everything looks the same and there are only primary attacks. I noticed that my computer generated challenger is the sole one that can complete energy moves, while my character was having a hard time. This game wasn’t that bad. The good thing is, there are a large number of characters you can choose from. The gameplay is addicting, once you try to play this game for hours, you couldn’t get enough of this.
- An addicting 2D fighting game
- The configuration for the keyboard is not a problem
- It needs more enhancements to become more realistic
Fight and Be Powerful With Your Dragon Ball Z Characters
By Beatrice Tan
On Monday, September 8, 2014
Dragon Ball Z is my all- time favorite anime show! When I was a kid, I make sure I watch all of the episodes on the television everyday because I can’t afford to miss any. I can still remember when I was in the third grade, my dad bought me a box of Dragon Ball toys filled with small replicas of my favorite characters!
I was surprised when I learned that this game was already out. This game is such an entertaining one. I’ve noticed that there were lots of new features which I deeply enjoyed. One would be the large number of powerful and excellent characters to choose from like Son Goku, Vegeta, Son Gohan and many more. All the movement and the techniques I’ve seen were all detailed which I believe every fan deserves to see because of the strong support they give. Another thing that I love about this fighting game is that it has game modes like versus mode, arcade mode and team mode. Moreover, I also like the background music and the sound effects for punching and kicking.
In totality, this game is an excellent one. Every fan deserves a well- designed game to play so I recommend this to everyone and I’m pretty sure you will be entertained by this game.
- Background music is good and entertaining
- It is simple and graphics are awesome
- There should be advanced options