This game is a real-time strategy game for PC in which you have different cultures to select from with the aim to overcome your opponents. This version includes all the features from the original game and also new improvements with this expansion.
This game represents a walk through history, learning about historical characters and battles. It allows you to choose between 13 different civilizations and make them evolve from the falling of Rome to the Middle Ages, adding new discoveries and conquering the resources of your enemies.
Once the download completes, you will see that this game is in the usual style of these kinds of games. First of all you have a main building, which depending on your civilization, represents the center of your power. Use your villagers to gather resources and build new constructions to create new technology and a fearsome army to fight against your opponents.
Each civilization in this game has unique units with their strong and weak points. These features determine your strategy and style of playing. Take advantage of your army and overcome your enemies with surprise attacks. You can also play with diplomacy by offering truces and negotiating alliances.
You have 2 different game modes that will entice you to spend hours and hours playing. The campaign mode is for a single player. In this mode you will play as Genghis Khan, Saladin or Joan of Arc, amongst other historical characters. You need to accomplish the objectives of the different scenarios to fulfill the campaigns completely.
In the multiplayer mode you will be able to play against different users or against the AI in certain stages. You can also create a random map and play different modes like deathmatch, in which you need to overcome all the players or regicide, in which you need to eliminate your rival’s monarch.
For example, you have two interesting alternatives to this game. Stronghold is a good option to keep an eye on, as it is a strategy game based on real historical events. Empire Earth III, on the other hand, adds a little fiction to the game style and will lead you into the future.
Age Of Empires II Gold Edition Features
The main features of this game are listed below:
- It contains Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings and Age of Empires II: The Conquerors expansion pack
- It is set in the Middle Age with 13 civilizations (Britons, Byzantines, Teutons, Mongols, Chinese, Persians, Japanese, Celts, Goths, Franks, Saracens, Vikings and Turks) and five from the Conquerors (the Aztecs, Mayans, Koreans, Spanish and Huns)
- Single player and multiplayer modes (up to 8 players)
- 4 periods of time: Dark Age, the Feudal Age, the Castle Age and the Imperial Age
- Some missions are based on historical events
- Different types of units: archers, cavalry, siege weapons, infantry and naval units from the Age of Kings; and 12 more from the Conquerors (War Wagon, Jaguar Warrior, Tarkan, Missionary, Turtle Ship or Genitour)
- Map editor to create new locations and missions
- The Conquerors includes four more single player campaigns: Attila’s rise to power, Montezuma’s battles, the adventures of El Cid and Battles of the Conquerors, with single scenarios based on real battles (Lepanto, Yamazaki, Hastings, etc.)
- New maps to play (Arena, Ghost Lake, Scandinavia, Yucatán, etc.)
- Improved AI
For more information, you can visit the author's site .
This game is a good strategy game which has made it's way into the classics of the genre. The diversity of civilizations and units are the main strong points, along with the gameplay which will keep you playing for hours.
Some of it's functions are restricted
- Includes expansion improvements
- You can enrich the game with free patches
- May be dated
AGES OF EMPIRES 2 GOLD EDITION TRAIN YOUR ARMIES AND MAKE THEM FIGHT IN BATTLES
By Keyvo Kimaita
On Monday, November 24, 2014
I love this game and its setting is in the middle ages.As a player you have to choose either the conquerors Or the different civilisations and each one of them include different characters.As a player you have to choose your own team and then train them for war then take them to the battlefield for them to fight your enemies.This game takes a player back to the historical times and teach them how to fight during battles so as to make them good and skilled battle fighters.In this game you also learn some very important tactics that you can use to fight your enemies even in other fighting games.
AGE OF EMPIRES 2 GOLD EDITION FEATURES
the following are the features of age of empires 2 gold edition
has two game modes
has a great gameplay.
New improvements from its predecessor.
Play and learn how battles used to be fought in the historical times so as to improve your gaming skills.
- good and fun game to play
- the game has a good sountrack
- the game can be addictive if one is used to it.
- the game can be boring as it is repetitive
A Timeless Classic RTS Game that Delivers Convincing Gaming Experience
By Ivy Paloma
On Tuesday, June 17, 2014
The Gold edition of Age of Empires 2 is an incredible game for all enthusiasts of this kind. The gameplay is versatile enough for the beginners and all the way to the expert gamers. It also has tutorial missions for you to get familiarize on how the game rolls out and then continued by a variety of single player mission that will check your abilities to its limit.
What is admirable about this game is that, it has brilliant storylines in the conquest mode. You can select a decent cultures and variety different military units. This game is very entertaining and exciting if you like RTS game. There are many ways to win not just by killing your enemies.
If you are seeking for a classic Real-time strategy game then look no further, Age of Empires II Gold Edition brings on almost everything. The graphics are somewhat lacking, but the gameplay is more than enough to make AoE II Golden Edition fantastic!
- It is very entertaining and exciting
- It has an exceptional storyline
- The graphic is too outdated
Be a legendary leader and march into battle with this strategy game
By Rose Sincro
On Wednesday, June 18, 2014
I just love strategy games. One of my favorites is Age Of Empires II Gold Edition. This game is set during the Middle Ages, and you can choose from different civilizations and conquerors. For the conquerors, your choices are the Huns, Koreans, Mayans, Aztecs and Spanish. There are also 13 civilizations namely Saracens, Japanese, Goths, Turks, Britons, Byzantines, Mongols, Teutons, Chinese, Celts, Franks, Persians and Vikings. You can also select between single player and multiplayer mode depending on your preference. The goal of this strategy game is quite simple. You need to assemble and train an army then fight the enemies. But first, you have to accumulate various resources. Each civilization has their positive and negative points. This is where you need to strategize in order to win. You can also have alliances with other players to strengthen your army further. Some characters in the game are taken from history such as Genghis Khan, Joan of Arc and many others which makes it more enticing to play. Age Of Empires II is also divided into different time periods which offer more diversity to the game.
- An expansion pack is available
- Select different civilizations to play with
- Game may appear boring for others