Adobe Illustrator is a free trial vector drawing software which offers users many tools to perform design tasks.
Adobe Illustrator creates professional designs but it can be also used by people who like designing and are looking for high quality results. For example, it is a popular application professional designers download to create company logos.
As its name suggests, Illustrator was developed by Adobe. If you have used other programs of the same family, you will notice that the interface style is very similar. It is clean, minimalistic and intuitive.
Variety of tools
This program contains a huge variety of tools such as brushes, fills, color processing and strokes. Besides that, there are different effects, filters and drawing features with which you can personalize and add a special touch to your creation. In addition, this vector drawing tool also enables the user to scale, modify the position and align objects.
It also supports tabbed content, which enables you to manage and organize your workspace. It is especially useful when you are working on multiple projects at once.
Adobe Illustrator is a vector drawing tool that has simplified the vector drawing process. However, it is still a bit complex for beginners. For those who don’t have much experience with these kinds of programs, Illustrator offers some templates and a help section for some guidance for any concerns.
Integration with Adobe programs
Besides that, Illustrator has been integrated with other programs like Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Dreamweaver. This fact makes processes easier and quicker and will allow you to increase your productivity while working with Adobe tools.
Adobe Photoshop is a graphic editor, you can edit, retouch and manipulate your images. Dreamweaver is a web design utility to create websites on the Internet.
Adobe Illustrator 17 Features
The unique features of this Adobe program are:
- Creative Cloud included, to keep your work projects and updates in one place
- Touch Type tool with rotation, editing and object manipulation
- Art, Pattern and Scatter brushes with images to create complex designs with different textures
- Character panel to change the font
- Import multiple files at the same time and place thumbnails in the area where they will be located as a reminder
- CSS code generator
- Sync color themes from Adobe Kuler
- Pattern creation with automatically generated corners
- Free Transform tool using a touchscreen device
- Text refreshes automatically when you make changes
- File packs to gather the entire material used in your project
- All the images and text necessary for your project are grouped in the Link Panel
For further information about this software, click here .
Adobe Illustrator is a vector drawing tool that, apart from it’s enhanced functions, can improve your work thanks to compatibility with other Adobe applications.
- Includes guides for first-time users
- Integration with Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- A bit difficult for newbies